Gennadiy Orbu: Pitmen will focus on ball control
Shakhtar midfielder of the 1990s-2000s talks about the upcoming meeting with Rapid.
- I think that scenario wise the match will be similar to the one in Vienna. The encounter will be effort-consuming and tough, with the opponents imposing lots of physical challenges upon our side in different parts of the field. They won’t be able to do anything else, as Mircea Lucescu’s team have some guys who are faster and more skilful than them.
- Do you think Shakhtar will traditionally play attacking football or focus on defence in order to prevent the risk of losing the advantage?
- I am not sure that the Orange-Blacks will strictly adhere to one of these tactics. Most likely, they will choose something in between. And they will focus on good control of the ball in the opponents’ half of the pitch.
- Analysing the first match, where should the Pitmen primarily expect the danger from, according to you?
- In the previous meeting I did not see any particular danger even from set play. If the If Shakhtar act in the same focused manner, they will face no threat at all.
- How important is Stepanenko’s participation in the game for the Donetsk side?
- Taras is the team’s key figure in the holding area. Malyshev, for example, has no such experience. And in general, I believe that no one can fully replace Stepanenko. So the issue of his participation, of course, is very important.
Let us remind you that Shakhtar vs Rapid match kicks off in Lviv at 21:45 on August 25. Tickets for the game are on sale now.
at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) at FCSD.Website.Components.Renderers.ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) in C:\Users\mvasi\source\repos\fcsd-website2\Source\FCSD.Website\Components\Renderers\ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.cs:line 16
Inner Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at FCSD.Model.Templates.Ignite.Gallery.GetGalleryPhotos() in C:\Users\mvasi\source\repos\fcsd-website2\Source\FCSD.Model\Templates\Ignite\Gallery.cs:line 41 at ASP._Page_Views_NewsArticle_Gallery_cshtml.Execute() in d:\InetPub\fcsd\Website\Views\NewsArticle\Gallery.cshtml:line 7 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer)