Oleksandr Hladkyi: Matches in Switzerland will be tough
Shakhtar forward gave an interview to the official website before the start of the Swiss training camp.
- Oleksandr, last year you scored in the Valais Cup. Do you still have any impression of the goals scored?
- Of the goals - none. But I’ve still got the impression of the opponents we played. Sion is a very good, disciplined and fighting team. I remember that in that training camp both matches against them were tough: we won one of them 1-0, losing the other 1-2.
- This year, Shakhtar will also meet with Sion.
- Right. I am confident that we’ll have a very useful competition featuring good sides and tough games in Switzerland. This stage has been very important for us in terms of our preparation for the Super Cup tie and the league season.
- After the departure of Luiz Adriano, Facundo Ferreyra and you have every chance of cementing a place as the first team regulars...
- The departure of Adriano is a loss for Shakhtar because Luiz was a key player, one of the leaders, the vice-captain. The same applies to the transfer of Douglas Costa. Each player has a chance though, not just me. We must take advantage of it! I will do my best to prove to the coach that I deserve to play among the first XI.
- At the tournament in Poland you took part in the memorable shootout of 17 penalties! What were you thinking while stepping up to take a spot kick?
- When I was approaching the spot, Darijo said: “Shoot it to the centre, shoot it hard!” So I followed my senior teammate’s advice, the captain’s advice. And got it right.