Viktor Kovalenko: Now I want to defeat Dynamo at Donbass Arena
The Super Cup assist provider gave an exclusive interview to the club’s official website.
- Viktor, please receive our congrats on your first trophy with Shakhtar. What feelings did you experience when you raised the Ukrainian Super Cup over your head?
- Thanks a lot for your congratulations. I am very glad that I managed to achieve a good result, to win my first title with Shakhtar. The emotions and joy were simply overwhelming! I was seeking it, having covered a long way. But at the same time, I do not want to stop there. This is my first cup, but I’m sure it’s hardly the last one.
- Before you took to the pitch, Mircea Lucescu quite emotionally gave you tips by the sideline. What did the coach focus your attention on?
- He asked me to help the team to try to create some dangerous situations. I am really delighted that it all worked!
- Is the second goal against Dynamo a set-piece which was practised in training?
- Yes. We were working on similar episodes in training. I can’t say that the goal was spontaneous. That’s the result of our work.
- You’ve experienced the Ukrainian derby for the first time. What do you make of it?
- The result met all expectations. Now I want to defeat Dynamo at the Donbass Arena, and to be fielded in the opening minutes. Previously, I just watched the encounters from the stands. And now I am dreaming myself to take part in winning trophies for Shakhtar and its fans!
- Because of your participation in the FIFA U-20 World Cup and U-19 European Championship you actually had no holiday this summer. Will it be an issue for you?
- Of course it won’t! I have a young body, everything will be fine. Besides, I still had a week of vacation. That's enough for me.