Viktor Kovalenko: Now I want to defeat Dynamo at Donbass Arena
The Super Cup assist provider gave an exclusive interview to the club’s official website.
- Viktor, please receive our congrats on your first trophy with Shakhtar. What feelings did you experience when you raised the Ukrainian Super Cup over your head?
- Thanks a lot for your congratulations. I am very glad that I managed to achieve a good result, to win my first title with Shakhtar. The emotions and joy were simply overwhelming! I was seeking it, having covered a long way. But at the same time, I do not want to stop there. This is my first cup, but I’m sure it’s hardly the last one.
- Before you took to the pitch, Mircea Lucescu quite emotionally gave you tips by the sideline. What did the coach focus your attention on?
- He asked me to help the team to try to create some dangerous situations. I am really delighted that it all worked!
- Is the second goal against Dynamo a set-piece which was practised in training?
- Yes. We were working on similar episodes in training. I can’t say that the goal was spontaneous. That’s the result of our work.
- You’ve experienced the Ukrainian derby for the first time. What do you make of it?
- The result met all expectations. Now I want to defeat Dynamo at the Donbass Arena, and to be fielded in the opening minutes. Previously, I just watched the encounters from the stands. And now I am dreaming myself to take part in winning trophies for Shakhtar and its fans!
- Because of your participation in the FIFA U-20 World Cup and U-19 European Championship you actually had no holiday this summer. Will it be an issue for you?
- Of course it won’t! I have a young body, everything will be fine. Besides, I still had a week of vacation. That's enough for me.
at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) at FCSD.Website.Components.Renderers.ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) in C:\shakhtar.com\fcsd_site\Source\FCSD.Website\Components\Renderers\ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.cs:line 16
Inner Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at FCSD.Model.Templates.Ignite.Gallery.GetGalleryPhotos() in D:\a\1\s\Source\FCSD.Model\Templates\Ignite\Gallery.cs:line 41 at ASP._Page_Views_NewsArticle_Gallery_cshtml.Execute() in d:\InetPub\fcsd\Website\Views\NewsArticle\Gallery.cshtml:line 7 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer)