Oleg Matveev: Shakhtar are strong offensively, and Dynamo – defensively
Shakhtar forward of the 1990s shared his outlook for the upcoming Ukrainian Cup decider.
- I think we will see a real spectacle. It will be some spectacular and outstanding football in front of the capacity crowd. Kyiv will certainly want to put their league gold medals inside the Ukrainian Cup. But this trophy is also of vital importance to the Orange-and-Blacks, so it will be a major battle. In general, I am looking forward to a very interesting match.
- Is motivation likely to benefit the Pitmen?
- The Donetsk side do not wish to be left without a title this season. Of course, they will make every effort to win.
- Oleg, could you compare the teams. What are the opponents’ strengths and weaknesses?
- The Pitmen look better offensively. Mircea Lucescu has fast and skilful players. While Dynamo have been quite consistent defensively lately. It’s the defensive third that have enabled Kyiv to showcase some great performance in recent matches. I can’t see any weak sides in the opponents’ performance. Everything will depend on the players’ mood while approaching the game and a particular side’s ability to operate as a single unit on the pitch.
- Is the fact that the final does not take place on neutral ground of great importance?
- Yes, of course. That’s an advantage for Dynamo. They will play at their home ground, in front of their fans. It will be easier for Kyiv in this regard.
- What is your score prediction?
- I am not going to try to guess the score. I think that the chances of both sides are equal. But, of course, I am rooting for Shakhtar!
at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) at FCSD.Website.Components.Renderers.ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) in D:\a\1\s\Source\FCSD.Website\Components\Renderers\ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.cs:line 16
Inner Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at FCSD.Model.Templates.Ignite.Gallery.GetGalleryPhotos() in D:\a\1\s\Source\FCSD.Model\Templates\Ignite\Gallery.cs:line 41 at ASP._Page_Views_NewsArticle_Gallery_cshtml.Execute() in d:\InetPub\fcsd\Website\Views\NewsArticle\Gallery.cshtml:line 7 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer)