Markus Rosenberg: We’re not going to take risks
Malmo’s captain has taken part in a press conference before the match with the Pitmen.
- Markus, in Malmo, you attended the pre-match press conference as well, and then scored a winner...
- Yes, I hope to continue this tradition.
- Will Malmo take risks tomorrow?
- I think the match will be like the previous one in Sweden. Shakhtar will probably have more ball possession, but we will try to create chances. We are not going to take risks.
- Have you learnt a lot after the first match with Shakhtar in Malmo?
- We have really learnt a lot during the two years which have seen us play in the Champions League. Both at the main stage and the qualifying one - how to defend, how to play. Last year we had matches with Sparta, in which we learned how to operate in a compact manner, learned how to play against teams at this level. Therefore, I hope that everything will be fine. When you play against a stronger opponent, you should not be afraid of dominance in terms of ball possession, especially if it takes place in the opponents’ half of the field. We need to convert our chances. This way is the most efficient for us.
- You got a red card in the last match of the Swedish league, as well as yellow cards in the games of the Champions League...
- Yes, plus I was sent off in a game with Celtic. You always have to be focused, especially with two yellow cards in the Champions League.
- In the Champions League, Shakhtar concede quite a lot of goals. Could you please assess the level of the game by the Pitmen’s defenders?
- They're playing great. Sometimes we had 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 situations. I would highlight good central defenders, and a left back. We tried to create problems for them, but overall they are top players.
- According to the statistics, you scored a lot of goals at home and not so much on the road.
- This is true. The factor of the home ground is important especially in games against strong opponents, it gives confidence. So it was in the qualifying round of this and last year. We will try to change this trend, to play more in an offensive manner, with still operating in a compact and efficient way...
- You are the national team player. And the situation is similar there.
- I can give the same answer.
- The match starts at 21:45. It is rather late. Have there been any changes to training sessions in this connection?
- No. It actually does not change anything. We focus on the same time zone, so the difference of one hour will not make much difference.
- Markus, three points in the upcoming game will allow you to qualify for the Europa League. What will it mean for the team?
- It will be a fantastic result. No one expected this from us at the initial stage. Also, it would mean a good start in the new year.
- You have spoken about settling the score with Shakhtar. Have already done that after scoring the winning goal?
- I want more. Three points in Malmo are not enough. (Laughs.)
- Mircea Lucescu has said that the support of your fans became a key aspect that has helped Malmo win.
- Of course, the support from our fans is always the main motivation for us.
at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) at FCSD.Website.Components.Renderers.ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) in C:\Users\mvasi\source\repos\fcsd-website2\Source\FCSD.Website\Components\Renderers\ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.cs:line 16
Inner Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at FCSD.Model.Templates.Ignite.Gallery.GetGalleryPhotos() in C:\Users\mvasi\source\repos\fcsd-website2\Source\FCSD.Model\Templates\Ignite\Gallery.cs:line 41 at ASP._Page_Views_NewsArticle_Gallery_cshtml.Execute() in d:\InetPub\fcsd\Website\Views\NewsArticle\Gallery.cshtml:line 7 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer)