Serhiy Kovalyov: It looked more like hockey than football
Head coach of Shakhtar U19 has reflected on the match with Malmo in the UEFA Youth League.
- What are your impressions of the game?
- In defence, we again made errors, there were individual mistakes. We conceded three goals from set plays, although the players were told about how well the Swedes take them. We instructed the boys to make as few fouls as possible, but unfortunately did not do that. Throughout the game we created a lot of chances, Malmo’s shots would reach the target but ours not. These are two issues that have affected the outcome today.
- Giorgi Arabidze made his Youth League debut. Was he one of the best on the field, or do you have any remarks regarding his game?
- Before that, he was involved in the match of the Ukrainian U19 league – against Metalist Kharkiv. We know his abilities. He works very well in attack, but there is a problem with his game in defence; it is something he needs to work on.
- Why were there virtually no corners in the first half?
- We tried to bring every attack to a shot goal wards. Perhaps this played a role.
- It seems that at some point your players seemed a little bit disorientated.
- I do not think that they were disorientated. It was just was a game when the ball would flow into one and the opposite net. In this regard, today was more like hockey than football. This applies to both teams.
- Which players of your team would you single out?
- I do not single out my players. The scoreline is 5-5, which shows a bad game not only by defenders but also the whole team. However, goals scored are also merit of the whole team.
- Did the fact that the game took place on the synthetic pitch affect the match?
- No. The synthetic pitch was of good quality, it did not affect the game.
- How does this affect the future prospects?
- In all the matches we have to show the maximum. We will try to achieve the result in each of the remaining matches. There is no other way, and the guys are well aware of that.
at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) at FCSD.Website.Components.Renderers.ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) in C:\Users\mvasi\source\repos\fcsd-website2\Source\FCSD.Website\Components\Renderers\ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.cs:line 16
Inner Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at FCSD.Model.Templates.Ignite.Gallery.GetGalleryPhotos() in C:\Users\mvasi\source\repos\fcsd-website2\Source\FCSD.Model\Templates\Ignite\Gallery.cs:line 41 at ASP._Page_Views_NewsArticle_Gallery_cshtml.Execute() in d:\InetPub\fcsd\Website\Views\NewsArticle\Gallery.cshtml:line 7 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer)