Age Hareide: We’ll try to draw Shakhtar out
Mentor of Malmo commented on the match against the Donetsk team in the Champions League.
- What’s your impression of the match?
- There were such periods when I felt that it was not our season and everything was developing not the way we wanted it to. But today I want to give the team their due, we have corrected our mistakes. Much has failed us in this game, including the passing game, as the opponents defended well. In spite of the fact that we were stronger, better moved on the pitch and created chances. The whole team did a top quality job. They proved themselves both defensively and offensively.
- Compare, please, your Champions League games last season and this season.
- Shakhtar are harder to counteract than Olympiacos. Today, we had to fight, trying to make up for past failures and produce better results.
- Please comment on your substitutions.
- We fought for the three points, so the situation demanded some changes in the pattern of the game, so we did it.
- Weren’t you confused by the match opening? Malmo seemed to operate in a very restricted manner.
- At 0-0, of course, there is a certain pressure. In such cases, we try to be patient and gradually take control of the game. When we feel in control, then we charge forward and score.
- How did you decide on the one to take that spot kick?
- Usually Markus Rosenberg takes spot kicks, but this time he passed this right to Nikola Djurdjic. They are, basically, similar players, but everyone has a time when they fail to score from the spot.
- How do you see the upcoming clash in Ukraine?
- Basically, it will be the game similar to today’s one. I do not think there will be any major tactical changes. We are grateful to Shakhtar for the performance they produced. It will be interesting for us to meet with them at their home ground. I believe that away it will be enough to draw with the Pitmen.
- Please comment on the hand ball and Rodic’s three scoring chances.
- He tried his best. But not everything worked in positional terms, so I decided to replace him.
- Will Shakhtar operate differently in the return game in Lviv, according to you?
- I was watching them play at home and away, I watched the match against Dynamo Kyiv ... And I saw the same pace of the game, the same passing game. We will try to draw Shakhtar out and penetrate the open spaces to appear anyway. I think, in any case, the general pattern of the encounter will be the same as in Sweden.
- What do you make of Konate’s performance on the pitch?
- I told him that he should keep his position. This footballer is moving in the right direction, I am delighted at his success. But he still has room to grow. It is under pressure. Now he needs to win a place in the starting line-up, so I understand his feelings. He is trying hard, willing to get more practice. I will just welcome Konate if he succeeds at everything.
- There was a very big difference in the defensive performance before and after the break ...
- At half time we were discussing certain points regarding the defensive performance. After that, the lads better understood exactly how they should act on their half. Rodic is a young player, and he is not quite ready to play at such a high level. The same is true of Djurdjic. I think they need to gain a bit of experience in international matches, to win challenges for the ball and pose a threat to the opposing defenders. Today, they did well.
- You often talk about the atmosphere in the stadium. Were you happy today?
- Of course! It was a very interesting game, especially in the second half. Naturally, the audience like it, and they appreciate it. So when we feel the support of the crowd, we try to play quite differently. I think our support is not any inferior to that of Real Madrid.
at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) at FCSD.Website.Components.Renderers.ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) in d:\a\1\s\Source\FCSD.Website\Components\Renderers\ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.cs:line 16
Inner Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at FCSD.Model.Templates.Ignite.Gallery.GetGalleryPhotos() in d:\a\1\s\Source\FCSD.Model\Templates\Ignite\Gallery.cs:line 41 at ASP._Page_Views_NewsArticle_Gallery_cshtml.Execute() in d:\InetPub\fcsd\Website\Views\NewsArticle\Gallery.cshtml:line 7 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer)