Olexiy Drozdenko celebrates 75th birthday
Today, 28 February, the Pitmen’s legendary defender of 1960-1970, and later coach of Shakhtar celebrates his birthday. Olexiy Drozdenko turns 75! We wish his sound health, vitality and well-being. And we are dialling his number.
- Where are you right now?
- At the moment I am living in Kyiv with my granddaughter.
- Although you are retired, but you are surely following football, aren’t you?
- Of course! It's my life. I am interested in not only the domestic championship. I am also watching European leagues. I like watching Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich. I love English football, there is impressive atmosphere at the stadiums.
- How are you celebrating the birthday?
- At home, with my family. Honestly, I'm not a particular fan of such events because there are no my achievements here. It is the parents whom I have to thank for the fact that I was born, and for what they gave me. But Shakhtar presented me a wonderful gift for the birthday, when they beat Schalke in the Europa League. I am very pleased with the game in Germany!
- Since we started talking about the experiences associated with Shakhtar, what’s your most vivid memory?
- There are so many of them! It's hard to single out any of them. I am glad that the Pitmen always, even in difficult times, are a team that keep their brand. This club has always employed great specialists: experienced coaches and talented managers. Today, Shakhtar are the flagship of the Ukrainian football, which is represented well in Europe. I wish the club every success, peace and, of course, return to the Donbass Arena.
at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) at FCSD.Website.Components.Renderers.ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) in C:\Work\VSTS\fcsd-website\Source\FCSD.Website\Components\Renderers\ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.cs:line 16
Inner Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at FCSD.Model.Templates.Ignite.Gallery.GetGalleryPhotos() in C:\Work\VSTS\fcsd-website\Source\FCSD.Model\Templates\Ignite\Gallery.cs:line 41 at ASP._Page_Views_NewsArticle_Gallery_cshtml.Execute() in d:\InetPub\fcsd\Website\Views\NewsArticle\Gallery.cshtml:line 7 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer)