Yaroslav Rakytskyy: Mister prepares us both physically and in terms of game interplays
The first part of the training camp in the United States has come to an end. What do the players think of it? We have talked about it to Shakhtar’s defender Yaroslav Rakytskyy.
- Yaroslav, has the abrupt change of time zone taken its toll?
- On arrival, Mister gave us half a day of rest. Still, it was hard at first. Three days later I adapted, and now I feel good. I communicate with my loved ones in accordance with the schedule - twice a day at specific times.
- In the Florida Cup, Shakhtar faced two major Brazilian clubs. How well did Shakhtar play in those games?
- In the game with Fluminense, we looked better than the opponents. But going into the match, we had had only five days of the training camp, so we had not got in shape, we took to the field against background of fatigue. In the game against Corinthians you saw that in the end of the match, Shakhtar had four or five hundred percent chances to score but we failed to do so. Now we have two training sessions a day, Mister is trying to prepare us well, both physically and in terms of the team understanding on the field. The Schalke match in the Europa League and the second part of the Ukrainian league await us. Therefore, I repeat, we are now playing against the background of fatigue. But it is natural for a training camp.
- Brazilian teams rely more on technique whereas football in Europe is more physical. In the match against Fluminense and Corinthians, did you feel the difference as a defender?
- Personally, I did not notice much difference, I often play against skilful opponents. In addition, we have a team with a number of technically-gifted players. Plus Shakhtar also have a plenty of physically strong players!
- What was it like to play against Ronaldinho?
- He is a legend and a true star. But to be honest, I expected that he would enter the pitch from the first minute, with posing danger to our defence. But he was fielded in the middle of the second half. Everyone was waiting for Ronaldinho to show his technique, but it did not happen. Although we did not play against each other for a long time: he took to the pitch in the end of the game, and I was replaced a little later.
at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) at FCSD.Website.Components.Renderers.ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) in C:\shakhtar.com\fcsd_site\Source\FCSD.Website\Components\Renderers\ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.cs:line 16
Inner Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at FCSD.Model.Templates.Ignite.Gallery.GetGalleryPhotos() in C:\shakhtar.com\fcsd_site\Source\FCSD.Model\Templates\Ignite\Gallery.cs:line 41 at ASP._Page_Views_NewsArticle_Gallery_cshtml.Execute() in d:\InetPub\fcsd\Website\Views\NewsArticle\Gallery.cshtml:line 7 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer)