Mircea Lucescu: I’m happy with the team and organisation of the game
Shakhtar’s head coach has reflected on the win over Vorskla.
- If we take into account only the result of our victory, of course, it is categorical. But it was not so easy, because in the first half it was difficult to carve open the opposition defence. Perhaps the fact of scoring an early goal helped us. Thus, we created certain problems for Vorskla and we knew that in the second half they would open up, attack and leave free areas. Naturally, they played at home and wanted to equalise. I'm happy with my team and football, which we demonstrated today. I am pleased with the organisation of the game and competent actions both in attack and in defence. We covered zones very well and did not give the opponents an opportunity to launch attacks. Plus there was a good movement from attacking players. Of course, I can mention our players’ technique: it was not easy to play on such a difficult pitch. But this result does not mean that we will have an easy encounter in the match on Sunday. I'm sure Vasyl Sachko will analyse today's meeting well and a completely different Vorskla will take to the pitch. I think that in that game we will have problems. As for the Cup, I think everything is clear in this pair. Now the most important thing is to gear up for the game with Vorskla in the league.
- Before this match, Shakhtar did not allow Anton Shynder, who’s playing on loan, to take to the pitch...
- We constantly allowed the players to take to the field, only to lose the league title in the game with Zorya. You do not ask why Dynamo Kyiv did not allow their footballers, who were loaned out to Hoverla, to play. Until then, we had always given the opportunity for our loaned-out players to take to the pitch! When we saw that our competitors did not do the same we decided not to allow loaned-out footballers to play against us either.
- In this league campaign, in Shakhtar’s match with Hoverla, defender Gonchar, who was loaned in by the Uzhgorod side from Shakhtar, played in the game. At the same time, in a meeting with Zorya, three loaned players did not play for the Luhansk team...
- I do not want to engage in this discussion with you. I decided not to give loaned players an opportunity to play against us.
- Is it your personal decision?
- It is my personal decision. You probably want to make decisions for me. At the moment, it does not work this way. Shynder has been very helpful to Vorskla anyway, and I think he will help even more. I know this situation. If he plays badly, then they will say that he has done it on purpose. And if he plays perfectly, it can create problems for his own team. So I decided: it was better for him not to play.
- With regard to the new league format: are you happy with the changes that will take place in the next season?
- Today, I would like to discuss only the cup match. I have spent two years saying that it is necessary to change the format of the Ukrainian championship, but I have not been talking about this formula, which has been accepted, but about three groups of teams. The first group would play for the right to participate in the Champions League, the second - in the Europa League, and the rest would fight against relegation. Each group would feature the same level of the teams. Perhaps it would be more interesting and more logical. And according to the new format, five teams from the first group of six teams still get to the European competitions. It is difficult for me to understand that.
at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) at FCSD.Website.Components.Renderers.ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) in D:\a\1\s\Source\FCSD.Website\Components\Renderers\ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.cs:line 16
Inner Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at FCSD.Model.Templates.Ignite.Gallery.GetGalleryPhotos() in D:\a\1\s\Source\FCSD.Model\Templates\Ignite\Gallery.cs:line 41 at ASP._Page_Views_NewsArticle_Gallery_cshtml.Execute() in d:\InetPub\fcsd\Website\Views\NewsArticle\Gallery.cshtml:line 7 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer)