Dmytro Shutkov: Anderlecht often use long passes
Shakhtar goalkeeper back in the 1991-2008s and the current Shakhtar goalkeeping coach shared his vision for the Pitmen’s upcoming Europa League game against the Belgians.
- Dmytro, you already met with Belgian teams as a player. What can we expect from Anderlecht?
- The team have a lot in common with Club Brugge, whom I used to play. Anderlecht produce dangerous set pieces and counterattacks. Plus we need to be watchful in our own box.
- It will be important for the Pitmen not to concede any goals at home. Does this mean that the game will be cautious?
- Keeping clean sheets is one of the Pitmen’s main objectives. But our team always practise attacking football. I suppose the Pitmen will be charging forward, imposing their game, but not without looking back. It is important to wisely operate defensively and try to capitalise on every scoring opportunity upfield.
- According to the UEFA statistics, the Belgian side’s players, starting from the Europa League group stage, have experienced 40 offside situations. This is the biggest figure in the competition. What does this mean?
- Most likely, Anderlecht often use long passes. The Pitmen also need to adopt this approach.
- Who can replace Taras Stepanenko in the holding area?
- Shakhtar have repeatedly proved that no one is indispensable. Mircea Lucescu will find the right solution.
- The Pitmen are approaching the match against Anderlecht after a number of official meetings. Have the team rediscovered their top form?
- Yes, the players are in good physical shape. Especially when compared with the first leg against Schalke, which was the first official match for our team after the winter break.