Besnik Hasi: In Brussels we’ll have to take risks
Anderlecht head coach has answered the questions of media representatives at the post-match press conference.
- Besnik, how do you assess the match with Shakhtar and the state in which the team are going into the Sunday league game with Kortrijk?
- We expected from the players to show necessary qualities in Lviv. I think that we did well in the match with Shakhtar, the team have shown what they can do.
- Did you feel that in the second half Anderlecht were playing for their coach - what the management asked the team?
- We had a very good start, and in the second half we controlled the match. We lost concentration during only 15 minutes and conceded two goals. As a result, then we missed third goal.
- How would you assess the chances of Anderlecht in the second leg?
- I think the third goal of Shakhtar was unnecessary; the score of 2-1 fully corresponds to what was going on during the match.
- Still, do you hope to overcome Shakhtar or are you going to be fully focused on the domestic championship?
- First of all, we need to win Sunday's league match, then there will be time to prepare for the second match with Shakhtar. And only then comes the break, and only then we will focus on all our goals.
- Do not you think that Anderlecht have shown a good team game, but individual errors prevented you from showing a good game?
- You know, I'm still in a state of some prostration, because we conceded two goals in the first half due to individual mistakes. You're right, the whole team have shown pretty good football.
- During the match, you appealed to the referees very often. What made you unhappy?
- We must respect the decision of the referees. Yes, there were two episodes that made me doubt, and, in my opinion, in one case, the referee could have appointed a penalty kick against Shakhtar. But I'm not criticizing referees.
- Today, Anderlecht have created about six scoring opportunities, and it is much more than in the last game with Mouscron. Have the team given their best against Shakhtar?
- Yes, the players feel frustrated. They have shown a good collective game, but the result is not in our favour. Therefore, we focus on Sunday's match, we will make every effort to win.
- What can you oppose to aggressive game of Shakhtar in Brussels?
- Players of Shakhtar play well in free zones and on the counter. That is why I am very disappointed with the result of the first match. This extra third goal... In Brussels we will have to take risks to win. As for risk for us - these are the free zones of which I am speaking about.
- Will Olivier Deschacht continue playing at left back?
- I am pleased with his performance. We had to solve two problems: block Shakhtar flanks. In general, we managed to cope with Marlos. Probably Deschacht will continue to operate on the left.
- How much will the defeat against Shakhtar affect Sunday's league game? Will you rotate the squad?
- We have made timely replacements today; the team looked fresh on Sunday. There were not unnecessary injuries.
- Dennis Praet looked disappointed when leaving the pitch. What do you make of his reaction?
- This is normal. A player may be dissatisfied with the decision by a coach. I reacted to this as normal, for me, on the contrary, it is clear that on Sunday Dennis will show all his positive qualities on the field.
at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) at FCSD.Website.Components.Renderers.ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) in C:\shakhtar.com\fcsd_site\Source\FCSD.Website\Components\Renderers\ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.cs:line 16
Inner Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at FCSD.Model.Templates.Ignite.Gallery.GetGalleryPhotos() in C:\shakhtar.com\fcsd_site\Source\FCSD.Model\Templates\Ignite\Gallery.cs:line 41 at ASP._Page_Views_NewsArticle_Gallery_cshtml.Execute() in d:\InetPub\fcsd\Website\Views\NewsArticle\Gallery.cshtml:line 7 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer)