Mircea Lucescu: The game was very nervous and aggressive
Shakhtar’s head coach has reflected on the match in Dnipropetrovsk.
- Dnipro have claimed a deserved win. They wanted a lot more and were more aggressive. They moved more. Dnipro adapted to such a tough field better and looked competent tactically. The opponents played in a simple manner: there was a lot of long balls forward, the attacking players were receiving the ball very well. Therefore, the result, unfortunately, reflects the game. Maybe the scoreline is too big. Things may have changed, if Ferreyra had scored in a one-on-one situation when it was 1-1. But he failed to do so... Shakhov scored in the final minutes of the first half. The entire game, ours too, was very nervous and aggressive. It is clear that we played on the back of a hard match against Anderlecht. It may have been my mistake when I decided to leave Kucher, Rakytskyy and Ismaily on the bench, so that they could be fresh for the game in Brussels. Neither Kryvtsov nor Ordets, unfortunately, were at the level of today's game. They had a hard time coping with the aggressiveness and pace of Zozulya and Mateus. That’s how goals were scored: due to persistence from Dnipro’s attackers.
- As they say at a theatre, an unsuccessful last rehearsal ensures an enchanting success of the premiere. We, of course, want you to beat Anderlecht. Are the team ready to put on an enchanting game in Belgium after a disastrous rehearsal?
- I said before the match that the atmosphere in Brussels would be about the same as in today's meeting, and the Anderlecht game would be roughly similar to Dnipro’s: good pressure, aggressive football. Perhaps, the field will be better and it will be easier for us to make transitions from defence. Today, it was difficult to do that on this pitch. In addition, as usual... I do not understand why today's match was officiated by a referee from Kyiv. It was a very important game. Probably, it was possible to appoint another referee to avoid unnecessary talks. But in general, Dnipro’s win is comprehensive.
- Usually, in your situation European teams prioritise: the domestic league or the Europa League. Has is it been the case for Shakhtar?
- It is clear that our priority now is Anderlecht. If there were no games in two or three days, then surely I would have fielded a full strength squad, and maybe, something would have changed. Taison could play today, but I rested him to fully recover for the clash with Anderlecht.
at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) at FCSD.Website.Components.Renderers.ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer) in C:\Work\VSTS\fcsd-website\Source\FCSD.Website\Components\Renderers\ExceptionSafeViewRenderer.cs:line 16
Inner Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at FCSD.Model.Templates.Ignite.Gallery.GetGalleryPhotos() in C:\Work\VSTS\fcsd-website\Source\FCSD.Model\Templates\Ignite\Gallery.cs:line 41 at ASP._Page_Views_NewsArticle_Gallery_cshtml.Execute() in d:\InetPub\fcsd\Website\Views\NewsArticle\Gallery.cshtml:line 7 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ViewRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer)