To play and progress
Friday, October 30, 2020
Shakhtar midfielder Heorhii Sudakov spoke on Futbol TV channel about his first goal for the team in the 4-1 win at Mariupol
- You made your first start and scored immediately. What do you make of your debut?
- I think that scoring a goal is not that important. The main thing is to get some experience, practice and as much match time on the pitch as possible. I should play and progress, but goals are not that important.
- Can you tell us more about the goal?
- I netted it with my ‘unpreferred’ left foot. I remember the ball just bounce off right to Bohdan Viunnyk, so I ran forward and sent it home. These are our U21 team set pieces. In the reserve team we used to score with Bohdan assisting and me finishing it off.
- 90 minutes at senior level. How do you feel fitness wise?- It's tough. Besides, after the quarantine, I might’ve not fully rediscovered my top form. But we were lucky to dominate possession throughout. That's a little bit easier, it would’ve been more difficult if we had played without the ball.