Sergii Kryvtsov: Young Boys have a powerful offensive third
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
The Pitmen’s defender took part in the pre-match press conference on the eve of the second leg match against Young Boys
– Sergii, with Lucescu the team went on a tour of the city on the match day. How will you spend your time before the match tomorrow?
– Yes, we had such a practice. We went on comprehensive guided tours. But we have not had many games with the new coach. I think a rest in the hotel room or a walk by ourselves would be a better preparation.
– Will you have free time?
– We barely had any today, since we have just arrived. I don’t yet know how it is going to be tomorrow.
– Based on the first leg, it has become clear that the main striking force of the opponents is Hoarau. He was involved in all the attacks. Have you decided how to play against such a footballer?
– I would not highlight him personally. Certainly, he is a good striker who had played in a famous club. Young Boys have a powerful offensive third, and this surprised us in the first 10-15 minutes of the home game. They quickly switch from defence to attack. And they had four men remaining in our defensive line, which interrupted our tempo a bit. But then we managed to adopt.
– Your team conceded three goals after set plays. What have you done about it?
– In my opinion, we have an optimal defensive third at the moment, although there is a lot to work on regarding this element. I think that in two months of training, we have learned to play in such situations rather well.
– Hardly. I believe that those who want to see the game will find it online. It shouldn’t be a problem. In the XXI century, everyone has a tablet or laptop. And in the worst case scenario there is always the live text commentary
– There is much talk about the artificial turf field, where the match will be held. Have you played in these conditions before? What difficulties can it pose?
– I have experience in my days in youth football. Yesterday's training gave us some food for thought regarding the choice of cleats. These are the finer details. But the Mister told us today that the field in Switzerland is of a little bit different quality. We will get used to it during training, to be fully prepared tomorrow.
– There are two birthdays in the club tomorrow - Rakitskyy and Zubkov. How are you going to celebrate?
– The best gift for the guys will be advancing to the next round.
– It must be difficult to be absolutely sincere with the coach is sitting right next to you, but still: How do you like working with Paulo Fonseca?
– The new coach is more present-day, so to say. We have a lot of changes in terms of tactics, and even everyday life. It's very interesting work, because we had been training under the same coach for a long time.