Ismaily: we are focused on Karpaty
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
The Pitmen's defender, who was named the best player of the match against Oleksandruya, answered the journalists' questions on the eve of the Ukrainian Premier League match
– Nothing bad happened, I had some problems with my knee after the last game. I hope that I will be training in the general group together with the team today.
– Karpaty has a new coach. Have you noticed the changes in the team?
– We have not actually analysed the play of the Lviv team. We'll have theoretical session tomorrow. Then we will study the opponents in detail to ensure there are no surprises on the field.
– Are you comfortable with the scheme where the full-backs have to play so high?
– It is obvious that a lot of things are changing now, and we need time to adapt. But, on the whole, everything is good. Yes, according to Mr. Fonseca's tactics we all need to help in the attack, and I feel great in this element.
– Has the team experienced a psychological blow after the defeat in the Champions League qualifier? Now there is only the second most important European tournament...
– Of course, we were very upset. We wanted to play in the Champions League, Shakhtar had to be there. Now we need to get over this and forget about it. We are to play in the tournament that is no less difficult. We will devote all our strength and try to show good game.
– Have you already watched Istanbul Basaksehir games?
– Not yet. Right now we are completely focused on Karpaty. We can think about the Europa League after the local match.
– Do you consider your goal in the game against Oleksandriya to be the most spectacular in your career? Or were there others more memorable?
– I scored a more spectacular goal. That was when I played for S.C. Braga and we met with Udinese Calcio. I managed a nice far shot. I consider that goal the most beautiful.