Petriak: We will get even stronger
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Shakhtar midfielder shared his impressions of the training camp’s first days in the Netherlands
- Have there been any unusual things in training?
- We have been working on our strength and endurance. Of course, it is difficult. But, I think, it’s no big deal. On the contrary, we will become even stronger, with less injuries. Paulo Fonseca pays much attention to tactics. It also takes time to get used to it.
- Yesterday, Shakhtar played their first training camp game. What do you make of your performance? Do you have common understanding with your teammates?
- With each training session, we improve our performance and understand each other better. Right, we gradually improve coherence. As for yesterday's game, the coaching staff will assess my performance. I will play where Fonseca tells me to. I started down the left wing, then I moved to the right-back position. Honestly, it’s not important to me what role to perform. The main thing is match practice.
- You scored a very beautiful goal in yesterday's match.
- Thank you! I just took a long-ranger, with the ball finding the back of the net. To an extent, I was even lucky.