Fred: We are working at full capacity now
Sunday, January 29, 2017
On Sunday, the Pitmen’s coaching staff took a little break by cancelling the morning session
The players had a chance to take a rest on hotel ground and recover at the spa facility of Cascade Wellness & Lifestyle Resort. In the afternoon, the team are to have their regular training session.
Meanwhile, Shakhtar’s Brazilian defender Fred in his interview to shakhtar.com assessed the performance in the encounter with Norrköping, told about the course of pre-season’s preparation and shared his opinion of Celta, Shakhtar’s opponents in the Europe League knockout stage.
- How useful was the meeting against Norrköping for the team and what can you say about this game?
- Friendlies are very important to us, since thanks to them we drill all the issues that we have been working on to this day while training. The game with Norrköping appeared to be tough in the first half, however, after the break we managed to bring out our full potential and score plenty of goals. We are working at full capacity now to approach the Europa League fixtures as well prepared as possible.
- Have the Pitmen emerged for the game against the Swedes strongly motivated?
- Of course, we have. I think that Shakhtar must win every game, regardless of the opponents and a match’s status. Be it a friendly or a competitive game, we always try to give our all to the fullest and achieve a result. We are very delighted to succeed in claiming a lopsided victory. However, it is not crucial. The most important thing is to drill all game elements to get ready for the coming season’s second part.
- How is your pre-season’s preparation going on and do you feel that you are ready for competitive matches?
- I think it is too early to say that we are fully prepared. We have a lot of work ahead, and we will face a few friendly matches to improve our performance and fitness. With excellent conditions at the training camp being provided, everything depends on us and our dedication in training sessions.
- Do you manage to watch the matches of your opponent in the Europa League?
- Of course, we watch the matches involving Celta. We know that they are very good and strong team. The matches are going to be difficult for us. Nevertheless, as I’ve said, we are making efforts to improve. All training and friendlies make us better. We want to come into the Europa League matches in great form.