To get back asap
Thursday, October 15, 2020
Shakhtar forward Junior Moraes spoke in the interview to Shakhtar News about his self-isolation
- Junior, how are you feeling?
- I feel fine. Of course, when you just find out that you’ve tested positive for coronavirus, you immediately get scared by this fact. I tried to follow the recommendations and take every precaution to protect my family and myself. Unfortunately though, the danger is invisible and you don't know when you can get infected. Even now I’ve got no idea when and where I contracted the disease. It’s also difficult because I’ve got certain fears, it’s my responsibility that the infection can be transmitted to others. Perhaps my biggest fear is that of infecting my family members who are nearby. That’s really tough, so I try to take every precaution to prevent the spread of the virus. The good news is that I feel good and have been doing my best to make my recovery as quick as possible.
- What do you do while self-isolating?
- It's hard to stay at home without going anywhere. I can't be together with everyone else, and that's frustrating. It’s very difficult to see your children and not be able to approach them, play together. It is difficult to communicate with your wife keeping the distance. Self-isolation is not easy for me. At the moment, I stay in my room trying to do the things that help me develop. I watch games, read books, fill my free time with something useful. Hopefully, it will be over soon.
- How much did the situation affect you mentally?
- It’s not easy mentally. It was really difficult in the beginning, but now I feel much better. When I first found out that I got infected, I was shocked and terribly upset. Again, I tried to follow the recommendations as much as possible, to take precautions so as not to pick up the virus. But it happened. I was afraid that I could infect my relatives, but literally a few hours after the news I realized that I must stay strong and in no case lose heart. Now it’s important to drink as much fluid as possible, to do some restorative exercises, to take medication prescribed by the doctor, to do everything possible to recover. I will try to get back as soon as possible.
- How long do you think it will take to rediscover your form after that?
- Of course, it’s difficult to be far away from your teammates: not to train, not to be in the national team. Games, training – I’m missing them so much. We don’t know what will happen tomorrow, how long it will take to recover, when I will be fit again and fully get rid of the virus and recover. At the same time, I need to make every effort to return to training one hundred percent ready. I don't know how long it will take to get back in shape but I will try to do my very best to return to the field as soon as possible and continue benefitting our club and the national team.
Watch exclusive comments of the players and coaches in the news on Shakhtar Club and on Shakhtar TV. The Shakhtar News bulletin is aired at 19:36 on weekdays. The club channel is also available on the VOLIA network, satellite Xtra TV, as well as on the platforms of MEGOGO, OLL.TV, Sweet.tv and Divan.TV.