Monday, April 5, 2021
Shakhtar striker Junior Moraes spoke about the winning double on his birthday, a hundred Premier League goals and the title race
- A really important and special day! Last night, I was thinking about my last year - from my last birthday to this one. I went through many difficult moments in my life, I lost several important people for me. It was a very difficult period that I spent without talking to anyone except my family. I understand that the whole world is also going through a difficult time. But today is a very special day. I learned a lot and saw the people who are dear to me, those who really supported me - at the club, in the national team, my friends, my family, the fans. I am happy today to see those who always support me. That’s a really important win for Shakhtar, on my birthday, with two goals including my 100th UPL goal.
- Congratulations on your achievement! Only Maksym Shatskykh, Serhii Rebrov and Andrii Vorobei are above you. How do you feel in this kind of company?
- It's a great honour. During all those years, my teammates have supported me, from the time I played for my first Ukrainian club Metalurh Donetsk up to this day. I’m very happy with so great history in this country.
- You mentioned a difficult season for you. How important are those goals for your confidence in the future?
- It’s important for me to always win, to always benefit the club. It’s important to maintain the winning mentality. Of course, 100 league goals is a very good milestone in my career.
- Shakhtar continues competing for the title. Is it really possible to catch up with Dynamo?- It’s beyond any doubts! We will fight to the end, give our all on the field, we’ve got every chance for that.